The life of a Christian isn’t a bed of roses; one without trials or temptations. The truth about it, is that being a Christian means being on a battle field. Why? Because the enemy, Satan the devil isn’t happy about all that God has for us, he isn’t happy that we received salvation, and he will always combat to steal away our salvation and all that God has for us. It is written in john 10:10 “the thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy, but I have come that ye may have life and have it abundantly.” Trials are a sign that God has something special out there for you. And if you will hold on to his promises, staying in your faith and having a more patience, He is faithful and just to bring to pass all that He has promised you; Jeremiah 29:11 says “for I know the thoughts I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” So, whatever it is you are going through right now, just remember that God is on your side, He’s your team mate! And with Him on your side, no one can be against you (Romans 8:31).
Christ has already won the victory over the enemy, and we as children of the Most High God are partakers of this victory; 1 John 5:4 “For everyone born of God overcomes the world, this is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” The word of God says that with faith as small as a mustard seed, we can say to this mountain, be moved! And it shall obey. This is possible because the power of God that rose our lord Jesus from the dead works also in us! And by the power of the Holy spirit in us, we can speak life into every dead situation, and it shall be revived (1 John 4:4 says “greater is He that is in me that he that is in the world.”)
HOW TO STAND AGAINST THE WILES OF THE DEVIL
To overcome the enemy, we must first be willing to work hand in hand with God in the battle field by putting on His Armor. Ephesians 6:11-18 gives us an authentic guideline, and I’ll just break it down for you.
- We must stand in the truth that Christ rose from the dead and has overcome the world (the devil and his schemes).
- We need to walk before God in righteousness, knowing that our sins have been washed by the blood of Christ, even as we Love the Lord with all our hearts.
- God has made a covenant of peace with us. We have been reconciled to the father through the sacrifice on the cross. Let us live a peaceful life with people around us.
- We must have faith to be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
- Let our spirits and minds be guided by the consciousness of our salvation in Christ.
- Let’s speak the word of God into our lives and into every situation.
- Pray always and be watchful in the spirit.
- Be patient.
Always remember that victory belongs to Jesus.
Lord I pray that you will fill our hearts with strength where our strength fails. And that you’ll fill our mouths with your word, so that we are able to speak forth Your word into our lives. Please give us the grace to continue in faith and patience even when things go wrong. Help us never to forget that even when we pass through the fire, you will always be with us and you will fight our battles. Amen!